Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Council Members Present
Nancy G. Parr (Chesapeake), Chairman
LaBravia J. Jenkins (Fredericksburg), First Vice Chairman
Patricia T. Watson (Greensville/Emporia), Second Vice Chairman
Eric Olsen (Stafford County), Secretary
Raymond F. Morrogh (Fairfax County), Past Chairman
Council District Representatives:
1. James P. Fisher (Fauquier County)
2. Colin D. Stolle (Virginia Beach)
3. Earle Mobley (Portsmouth)
5. Denise Lunsford (Albemarle County)
6. Donald S. Caldwell (Roanoke City)
7. Shannon L. Taylor (Henrico County)
8. Bryan Porter (Alexandria)
9. Christian E. Rehak (Radford)
10. Alexander R. Iden (Winchester)
11. Raymond F. Morrogh (Fairfax County)
Other Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Present
Joel R. Branscom (Botetourt County)
Nathan R. Green (Williamsburg/James City County)
Cassandra Conover (Petersburg)
Jeffrey W. Haislip (Fluvanna County)
James R. Ennis (Prince Edward County)
Nicole M. Price (Washington County)
John C. Singleton (Bath County)
Theo K. Stamos (Arlington/Falls Church)
Roy F. Evans (Smyth County)
James E. Plowman (Loudoun County)
Ross P. Spicer (Frederick County)
Michael R. Doucette (Lynchburg)
CASC Staff Present
Jane Sherman Chambers
Call to Order
Ms. Parr called the meeting to order at 8:52 a.m.
Minutes for the August 3, 2014 meeting were not yet available.
Ms. Chambers reviewed the agenda items:
- Marian Heard has travel vouchers available to Council members.
- The proposed 2014 – 2015 Board and Council Meetings and Events Schedule was attached to the meeting agenda. Ms. Chambers asked that she be notified of any problems with the schedule. Ms. Parr noted that the time of meetings scheduled at the Henrico County Sheriff’s Office has been changed to 12:00 p.m.
Ms. Parr raised the need to formalize the informal committee that has been dealing with the Abbott Laboratory issues. Discussion ensued about the nature of this committee. The conclusion reached was that the committee members will be acting in their capacity as representatives of VACA so this discussion should more properly be brought on the VACA agenda. The matter was moved to the VACA agenda.
There being no further business before Council, the meeting adjourned at 9:20 a.m. The next regularly scheduled meeting is Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:00 p.m., at the Henrico County Sheriff’s Office Conference Room.